Gloria Jeans Coffees
What is the largest coffee retailer with stores in every Australian State & Territory.any guesses? It's Gloria Jeans Coffee and you either have been to Oz, you know your coffee brands or you cheated by looking at the page title. Gloria Jeans coffee has about 300 stores worldwide including the US.
The Gloria Jean brand started in a small shop in Long Grove, Illinois, in 1979, by, you guessed it..Gloria Jean. Gloria Jean sold the business in 1993 and after surviving breast cancer wrote a spiritual book called, Journey of Prayer.
Gloria Jeans Coffees in the US include:
Premium & Estate Grown Coffee:
- Jamaican Blue Mountain: Gloria Jeans Coffee describes it as: the world's rarest coffee (next to Kopi Luwak, I think), spicy aroma with smooth sweet flavor. It retails for about $49.99 a pound.
- HueHuetenango: Gloria Jeans Coffee describes it as: lingering after-taste with intense aroma, bright acidity and sweet fruit flavor. It costs about $12 a pound.
- Other Premium & Estate Grown Coffees include: Hawaiian Gold, Café Del Sol, Hawaiian Kona 100 % and Panama Estate.
Light to Medium Coffees:
- Sumatra: Gloria Jeans Coffee describes it as: a lingering finish, full bodied and a rich, mellow taste. It's a bit pricy, but worth the cost at about $72 for 5 lbs.
- Condesa de Costa Rica: Gloria Jeans Coffee describes it as: a clean finish, floral aroma and intense sweet flavor. It's about $67 for 5 lbs.
- Other Premium and Estate grown coffee include: Authentic Mocha Java, Columbian Supremo, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, Gloria Jeans Special Blend, Guatemala La Gloria, Kenya AA, Pacific Peaberry and Royal Zimbabwe. The coffees all range in price and pounds available.
Dark Roast Coffees:
- Gloria Jeans Black Gold: Gloria Jeans Coffee describes it as: lingering finish, smoky flavor and medium body.
- Sumatra Dark: Gloria Jeans Coffee describes it as: low acidity, full body, smooth and bittersweet in aroma.
- Other Dark Roasts include: French Breakfast Blend, French Roast and Paradiso Blend Dark.
Gloria Jeans also has coffee for the coffee pod systems, teas, a variety of decaf flavored coffee using the Swiss Water method, coffee mugs and tumblers, coffee grinders and canisters. Gloria Jeans everyday coffee is Rainforest Alliance Certified, which means it has to have a minimum 30 % of the RAC coffee, which has a similar program to Fair Trade Coffee.