Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters is known as a socially responsible leader in the specialty coffee industry. In fact, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters donates 5 % of all pre-tax profits to social and environmental projects. Helping the globe and providing great coffee too! Green Mountain Coffee also carries the Paul Newman's, Fair Trade Organic coffee, available in all different roasts. Green Mountain Coffee is hard to choose from, but I have selected two of my favorite coffees for each category and a list of some of the other coffee roasts.
Lighter Roast Coffee:
- Tanzanian Peaberry: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters describe it as: sweet fragranced and spicy with a floral aroma. It has hints of woodiness, vanilla, lemon and black tea. The peaberry coffee bean is round and only has one coffee cherry (bean) in each pod.
- Fair Trade Organic Peruvian Select: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters describe it as: caramel and sweet hazelnut; with a balanced mild and sweet finish.
- Other Light Roast Green Mountain Coffee include: Jamaican Blue Mountain, Colombian Especial, Columbian Popayan, Fair Trade Organic Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, Kenyan AA, Yemen Moka, Zimbabwe AA, Sulawesi (Celebes), Kona Mountain Estate, Fair Trade Organic Breakfast Blend, Nell's Breakfast Blend, Mocha Java, Heifer Hope Blend, Sumatran Decaf, and Newman's Special Decaf.
Medium & Blended Roast Coffee:
- National Wildlife Blend: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters describe it as: having a unique, spicy chocolate note with flavors of ripe, dark fruit. This National Wildlife Blend of coffee beans blends Fair Trade and Organic Central and South American coffees from family-owned farms who raise shade-grown coffees, while providing vital habitats for migratory songbirds. I just really like this blend. I'm not sure if it the coffee beans or the fact that I feel as though I am helping the birds.
- Fair Trade Organic House Blend: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters describe it as: alarmingly bright with teeth-tingling acidity. It really does makes your teeth tingle and these coffee beans make a fantastic kick-start to the morning.
- Other Medium & Blended Roast Green Mountain Coffee include: Fair Trade Organic Mexican Select, Fair Trade Organic Sumatran Reserve, Fair Trade Winter Classic Blend, Fair Trade Organic Joyful Season Blend, Newman's Special Blend, Vermont Country Blend, Harvard Blend, Nantucket Blend, Fair Trade Organic House Blend Decaf, National Wildlife Decaf, Vermont Country Blend Decaf and Nantucket Blend Decaf.
Darker Roasted Coffee:
- Dark Magic Espresso: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters describe it as: Alchemy in a cup, bittersweet liqueur which is thick, rich and languid on the tongue, topped with a dense layer of copper-colored crema. All I have to say is oh la la!
- Lake & Lodge Roast Coffee: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters describe it as: berry-hued brightness to the blend's bold flavor foundations of East African beans.
- Other Darker Roast Green Mountain Coffee include: Fair Trade Organic Rainforest Blend, Dark Magic Espresso Decaf, Fair Trade Organic French Roast Decaf, French Roast Decaf, Newman's French Roast, Indonesian Dark.
Since I don't get out much, I really live vicariously through coffees and imagine the places the coffee beans have been. Green Mountain Coffee Roaster's Lake & Lodge, National Wildlife Blend and Peruvian Select. sounds and tastes absolutely fantastic!