Think I'd prefer coffee of the week club. Generally, coffee-of-the-month clubs send you a different pound, or two, of coffee each month for a fair price. I don't know about you, but that is seriously not enough coffee to last a month or even half a month. So, I fully recommend signing-up for a couple different ones a month, with both delivering on different dates to ensure you get the freshest coffee available.
The great thing about coffee of the month clubs is you get to try coffees that you may not usually pick up at the supermarket or even at the real coffee houses. However, you want to do your homework first. Questions to ask before you buy:
- Are the coffee beans are Arabica or robusta?
- What coffee classification do they use?
- How much are the shipping charges?
- How fresh is the coffee?
- What payment methods can you use?
- What are the return policies?
- Where is the coffee being shipped from?
- Do they have organic coffee beans and fair trade coffee options?
- Are there are different terms like 3, 6, 12 months?
- What happens if you move?
- If it is a gift, can you provide a personal gift card or message?
- When you will receive your coffee?
- Can you cancel your membership?
- Is there a choice of coffee roasts or can choose the following months coffee?
- Can you change your preferences?
- Can you mix and match your order? (E.g. one dark roast and one decaf.)
- How is the coffee packaged?
- Is there a decaf coffee or flavored coffee option?
- Do they provide the coffee preparation notes?
- Is there a telephone number for customer service?
- Can you skip a month if you are going on holidays etc.?
- What happens if you don't receive your order?
- Can you track your order online?
- Is there a minimum order size?
- If you like the coffee can you get more?
- Do they ship to P.O. Boxes?
- Do they have a referral program in case all of your friends join?
If you get into a good coffee of the month club you can get some fantastic coffee at reasonable prices. However, some coffee clubs are very expensive so do your research first. I like getting mail, so it is a great treat for the mailman to drop off the black gold. I take great pleasure in opening my coffee club's packaging and sometimes they throw in bonuses like a new coffee mug, spoon and coffee syrup flavors. I highly recommend these for yourself and for gifts, provided you do your homework. I have heard many horror stories of people not being able to get out of their “contracts”, not being able to change their addresses and sometimes just not getting anything.