Bunn Thermal Carafe Brewer
(Home Coffee Maker)
After using a stainless steel coffee carafe for my coffee, I really don't think I'd use a glass pot and warmer series ever again. I really like my coffee as soon as the pot is ready and not the taste of it baked later. This is a great machine. I would buy this one if it had a grind and brew option. The Bunn Thermal Carafe has the following features:
- Brews 10 cups in 3 minutes.
- Hot water is always available (for those tea guests), but it has a vacation switch in case you are leaving for extended periods.
- It not only has a stainless steel pot, but the tank is stainless steel too.
- This machine has a 3-year warranty, but only 1 year on the carafe.
- Its thermostat is always accurate and brews to a great consistent temperature.
- It has high altitude machines as well.
- It weighs 10 pounds.
- It measures 15.25 in by 13.75 in by 6.875 in.
- The Bunn Thermal Carafe brewer comes with carafe, filters (paper), deliming spring and coffee funnel.
- It doesn't have a pause feature, which is ok because it only takes 3 minutes for the whole pot to brew.
- A special spray head is required for decaf or fine ground coffee.
- Simple design.
- Water doesn't flow until lid is down - safety feature.
- Hard to measure for partial pots. Minimum 4 cups must be made, but you can get a separate “flow restrictor.”
- Should use Bunn's own filters because other filters are too short.
- Doesn't have a LCD screen.
- Doesn't have a grind option.
The Bunn Thermal Carafe costs about $150, but for its durability and its simplicity, it is worth every penny!