Coffee Grinding Tips
There seems to be conflicting information everywhere on the best grind for the best tasting coffee. The best way to grind coffee is usually trial and error. However, there are some basics you must follow:
- Always ensure your coffee grinders ensure an even grind to achieve an even taste to your coffee
- Ensure that if you use flavored coffee you use a separate coffee grinder because flavor extracts will permeate your regular coffee grinds.
- Clean the coffee grinder after each use to ensure there are no stale grinds to give your coffee a musty taste.
- Always ensure the lid is on your coffee grinder before turning it on. Coffee grinders without lids have caused serious eye injuries, however it is good for a laugh to watch the beans come whirling and hailing down upon you.
- Do not grind anything else like nuts, flax seed, garlic or anything in your coffee grinder because again taste will be impaired.
- Do not add flavored syrups to your beans before grinding as the coffee grind will stick to the grinder and it makes it a complete mess for removal later.
- Always grind your beans immediately before use or they will go stale after two hours and impede taste
Advertiser Links for burr grinders