Melitta Stainless Steel Thermal Mill & Brew
I haven't tried the Melitta Mill & Brew machine, but I would absolutely give it a go to see if it equals or surpasses my Cuisinart. It won the American Culinary Institute's Best of Show Award for Excellence. The price is reasonable.
I like the story behind Melitta. Melitta Benz really hated getting grounds in her coffee. Previously, people had tried using socks and all kinds of things. Read the coffee maker history page for more detail.
The Melitta Stainless Steel Thermal Mill & Brew features:
- 10 cup stainless steel carafe
- Has electronic timer and clock
- Automatic shut off - 1 hour
- Measures 12 by 12 by 18 inches - so you need to make sure you have space on your kitchen counter and you have enough room under the kitchen cabinets
- It has a blade grinder and coffee brewer
- Comes with permanent stainless steel filter basket
- Comes with a stainless steel carafe
- There are seven grind settings, so you can find the grind and the strength you love and set it differently for those guests who do not like it like muck.
- Large water indicator window
- Hidden Cord Storage
- Has pause and steal a cup function
- Internally, it is made of plastic
- Can make small pots, so there's not any wastage
- Comes with a manual
- Replacement parts are inexpensive
- Has a one year limited warranty
Melitta has also won awards for the 100 percent Arabica beans it roasts and is the number one seller of coffee filters worldwide. The Melitta Mill & Brew coffee maker and coffee grinder retails for a great price of about $80.