Popular Automatic Home Roasters
I have decided to group the popular automatic home coffee roasters by price. If you are new to the world of home coffee roasting I highly recommend buying the low-end machines until you get a grasp of the process and your personal tastes.
- Zach & Dani's Gourmet Coffee Roaster can roast about 4 ounces in just under 20 minutes. It provides an automatic digital roast setting. You can watch the roast through the see-through chamber.
- French Roast Plus coffee roaster roasts a mere 2.25 ounces in less than 10 minutes. It purports to be exceedingly quiet.
- Hearthware i-Roast coffee roaster seems to be the choice of champion roasters. It is definitely the most popular. It can roast up to 8 ounces of green coffee beans in less than 15 minutes and it has a countdown timer.
- Caffé Rosto home coffee roaster roasts just under 5 ounces in less than 15 minutes.
- Swissmar Alpenroast drum coffee roaster can roast about 8 ounces of green coffee beans in under 20 minutes. It has a digital timer. It is the only heat and convection roaster currently on the market.
- Aeroroast coffee drum roaster can roast a pound of coffee in under an hour.
- HotTop Drum's home roasting draws an affinity with the commercial coffee roasting machines. It has a cooling option and it can roast under 10 ounces in under 25 minutes. You can add time to the roast, and detract time from the roast, in the push of a button.
There are many other automatic home coffee roasters on the market. Just make sure you do your homework, read the instructions and check the warranty.