For most people, coffee is not a recreational drink. Coffee is the potion that wakes you up, energizes you, and gets your cognition going on a daily basis. So, missing a day of that lovely coffee can set some people off. Especially when you are following a diet regimen that involves coffee, like the Skinny Coffee.
So, are you stuck in a place when you don’t have your French Press but you want your Skinny Coffee? Or maybe your machine has been acting up, but you can’t skip your brew. In such cases, it is helpful to have some alternatives up your sleeve. Here are a couple of ways you can make that cup of coffee without a French Press.
The Cowboy Method
The Cowboy method is about going all old-school with your brew. All you need for this is a pot, a source of heat, your Skinny Coffee grounds, and some water. Here’s how you go about doing it.
- Take your pot/pan and fill it up with your desired amount of water and add an extra ¾ cup of water to it.
- Now, put the pan on the heat source and let the water come to a boil. As the water starts to boil, add the coffee grounds. If you want some estimates, around 2 tbsp of coffee per 250 ml of water sounds about right.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat and put on the lid. Wait for the grounds to settle at the bottom. It should not take more than 5 minutes.
- And there you go! Just pour the coffee into your cup without ruffling up the grounds much.
The DIY Coffee Bag Method
You will appreciate this method if you are out of coffee bags and you don’t want to go for instant coffee. For this, you will need water, heat source, your Skinny Coffee grounds, some type of coffee/tea filter, and a string/thread.
- Make use of your heat source to bring your desired amount of water to boil.
- Carefully take the coffee grounds you need and place them in the middle of the coffee filter you have. You can use a teabag here and simply replace the tea with coffee grounds.
- Now, use the string/thread to tie the top of the filter. Avoid squeezing the bag too tight since the coffee tends to expand on heating. Also, leave some free string at the end, so you can take the bag out of the cup without dipping in our fingers.
- Place this bag in your mug and gently pour in the hot water over it. Make sure the bag is completely submerged in water. Let it steep and brew it for 3-4 minutes. The longer you let it in there, the stronger the flavor will be.
- Voila! Just pull out the bag and your Skinny Coffee is ready.
It is good to not be dependent on your French Press or mocha machine for your daily dose of Skinny Coffee. Knowing other ways to make your coffee sets you free. Read up on our guide and enjoy that freedom.
Coffee coffee coffee! Nothing quite like a nice hot cup of joe in the morning 🙂 my name’s Nicole but on here I like to go by Java Jane. I am an avid coffee drinker and writer about all things Java related (and I’m not talking about programming for the millionth time!). Thanks for checking out my blog and always remember to stay grounded!